ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
The LHRIC Video on Demand service is transitioning to a new Panopto cloud hosting video management system (formerly Ensemble Video). District subscribers will experience a safe, Ed Law 2D Video Management System (VMS) that provides the ability for administrators, teachers, students and staff to publish and share original video content — and share them publicly or privately across any digital content system. Districts are able to stream live events using the live streaming feature. The service includes software, hosting, storage of video content, unlimited auto captioning, and professional coaching and training for staff. Learn more about Panopto on their website >
Quick Start Resources
View Panopto Quick Tour
- Login to your Panopto account and in top right click (?) > Show Tour.
View Get Started Videos
- Login to your Panopto account and in the left navigation panel
click BROWSE > Get Started with Panopto folder.
- Or, visit this Panopto Support page.
Learn about Recording Video with…
- Panopto Capture with web browser
- Panopto Recorder application for Windows or Mac.
Upcoming Training for Faculty & Staff
PANOPTO CREATOR SESSIONS
from LHRIC Model Schools
March 8 & 21 & April 10 & 17, 2023
All times 2:30-3:30 PM via Zoom.
PANOPTO BASICS WEBINARS
Panopto Basic Webinar On-demand Recording
Panopto Basic Training “Live” Webinars
- Wed, Feb 8, 2023, 1:00 - 2:00 PM (EST)
- Wed, Feb 15, 2023, 8:00 - 9:00 AM (EST)
- Wed, Mar 8, 2023, 1:00-2:00 PM (EST)
- Wed, Mar 15, 2023, 9:00-10:00 AM (EDT)
- Wed, Apr 12, 2023, 1:00-2:00 PM (EDT)
- Wed, Apr 19, 2023, 8:00-9:00 AM (EDT)
Advanced Training Webinars
- Wed, Fed 22, 2023, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (EST) -- Video Editing in Panopto
- Wed, Mar 22, 2023, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (EDT) -- Integrating Panopto with Zoom
- Wed, Apr 26, 2023, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (EDT) -- TBA
JOIN A PANOPTO OFFICE HOURS SESSION
Every Thursday at 1:00 PM (EDT) (no registration required)
For Panopto Administrators
PANOPTO TIP SHEETS
- Quick Start Panopto Resources (updated)
- OBS Settings for Panopto Webcast via RTMP
- NEW - Best Practices for Preparing, Testing, and Producing Webcast Events
- NEW - Panopto’s RTMP Auto-Close Timeout Setting
- NEW - Generating Translations of Captions
- NEW - Live Captioning in Webcasts
WEBCASTS IN PANOPTO
You can capture and live stream your event with any of these options:
- Using the Panopto Recorder software on a laptop or desktop computer. See how to Live Webcast with Panopto for Windows or a Live Webcast with Panopto for Mac.
- Using live streaming software such as OBS or Wirecast from a laptop or desktop computer. See how to create a Panopto Webcast using RTMP. **Tip sheet for OBS Settings.
- Using a live stream encoder hardware device (such as a Matrox Monarch HD or Tricaster). See how to create a Panopto Webcast using RTMP.
- Using a Remote Recorder for the ability to schedule a webcast session to start and stop automatically without needing someone to be at the recording computer.
Add a Preview Image for Your Webcast
- In the Webcast Settings > Overview > Preview Image
Get a Viewer Link for Your Webcast (to use in email, social media, or website)
- In the Webcast Settings > Overview > Viewer Link
Get RMTP Server URL & Stream Key (for use with OBS, Wirecast, or hardware encoders)
- In the Webcast Settings > Manage > Webcast Type. Change to “RTMP Source”
- Copy Server URL
- Copy Stream Key
- Create a Board of Education Video Library Portal in Panopto
- Creating an All-in-One Board of Education Video Library Portal
Want to Make Your Panopto Site 100% Public like this example?
- System > Settings. Set to TRUE the "Site Customization Setting - Panopto Homepage for Unauthenticated Users"
See Examples of "Embedded" Panopto Content
*Instructional software purchased through the LHRIC includes a professional service from our experienced staff.