Learning First, Technology Second PLC
for District Instructional Technology Specialists
Calling all instructional technology integration specialists and coaches!
Cohort Forming for 2023-2024
You spend the year supporting everyone else’s needs; become part of a community specifically designed to support your needs as a professional developer and instructional technology expert.
We are a professional community of leaders and learners representing districts in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties. We are driven by instructional excellence, inspired by technology, and committed to collaborative practices and constant growth.
Join us as we continue this journey together in our sixth year as a learning community to focus on current issues and topics you face in your work everyday, informed by our anchor text “Learning First, Technology Second: The Educator’s Guide to Designing Authentic Lessons .”
In the true spirit of a PLC, you, the participants, will shape the program around regional topics of interest. The Model Schools team will facilitate the inclusion of subject matter experts as needed based on the topics selected. This program will be facilitated by a LHRIC Model Schools team with over two decades of experience in instructional technology, professional development, instructional design, and adult learning theory.
Meetings will be scheduled in person at LHRIC locations and at various participant host sites. We will also include some virtual/hybrid sessions as well to accommodate maximum participation.
Spaces are limited to 20 participants for 2023-2024.
L1, T2 Virtual Meeting Schedule 2023-24 (In Progress)
September 12: Recruitment and Orientation (Virtual) @ LHRIC
October 5: Kickoff Session (Hybrid; participate in person or remotely) @ LHRIC
December 12: Give the Gift of Knowledge (Hybrid; participate in person or remotely) @ LHRIC
Monthly Meetups (Virtual; 60 minutes.)
- November 9 (Featured topic: New Ways to Deliver Professional Learning)
- December 7 (Featured topic: Artificial Intelligence in K-12)
- January 11 (Featured topic: NYS CS/DF Standards)
- February 8 (Featured topic: Student Engagement)
- March 7 (Featured topic: Building Coaching Relationships)
- April 18 (Featured topic: Measuring Effectiveness of Technology in Student Learning)
- May 16(Featured topic: Annual Review and Recap
District hosted site visits (@ selected districts) Coming Soon January 2024!
See Us In Action
Big Ideas from our 2022-23 Cohort
- The New Frontier of AI and Machine Learning in K-12
- Promoting Digital Fluency K-12
- Living and Thriving in a 1:1 Environment
- Addressing ELL/Accessibility Needs
- Professional Development with Purpose and Results
Thank you to the following participating districts:
- Southern Westchester BOCES
- Yorktown CSD
- Carmel CSD
- Katonah Lewisboro
- Lakeland CSD
- Rye Neck
- New Rochelle
- Port Chester Rye
- Rye City
- Archbishop Stepinac
- White Plains
- Mount Vernon