Model Schools Core Plus: Optional Service for Member Districts
Model Schools Core Plus
The Model Schools Core Plus Option is available for Model Schools member districts opting to take advantage of structured, job-embedded instructional technology peer coaching in-district for a cohort of teachers/instructional staff, involving:
- participant skill acquisition
- specific lesson development
- co-teaching, reflection, revision
- peer sharing/teaching.
Cohorts may be formed at the building or district level and are limited to 8 participants. Model Schools Member Districts have access to this service at an additional fee.
Key Elements of Core Plus
- Cohort pre-flight planning meeting
- Skills acquisition: addressing instructional technology skills and concepts that will lead to classroom application
- Individual planning and lesson development: addressing specific instructional strategies and student needs
- In-classroom support visits: our role in the classroom might vary based on the scenario, but we will either co-teach, shadow, or assist depending on the situation and directive of the teacher
- Reflection and Revision: the debriefing conversations and meetings that follow the in classroom support visits
- Cohort closing: each cohort member shares their learning portfolio with peers and administrators as part of a closing celebration.
Participants have the opportunity to interact with each other and LHRIC staff in an established online community for the duration of the cohort, and produce a short self reflection video to memorialize their own personal learning experience.
Interested in learning more about Model Schools Core Plus? Please contact Sarah Martabano.