Model Schools Core
The Model Schools Core Service provides instructional technology professional development and other optional services for member districts. Membership in the Core Service is shared by over fifty districts in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties. Through the Core Service, an annual catalog of events is published on our website, consisting of workshops, special events, speakers, demonstrations, conferences and webinars focused on key regional issues and topics in instructional technology. By utilizing the Core Service, districts may send teachers, lab aides, and administrators to sessions where they can develop competencies that they can immediately bring back to their individual districts.
- Unlimited participation in professional learning sessions and webinars offered throughout the year at the LHRIC Facilities and satellite locations
- Virtual instructional technology coaching using synchronous and asynchronous technology
- Access to skilled instructional technology staff with a wide breadth of perspectives and experiences
- Access to customized professional development for Member Districts, priced by published per diem rates and delivered by LHRIC Staff or LHRIC consultant
- Access to specialized video and digital content, highlighting best practices from within our region
LEARN MORE ABOUT MODEL SCHOOLS CORE SERVICE (.pdf) >
Model Schools Member Districts also may take advantage of Core Plus, an optional module that provides structured, job-embedded instructional technology peer coaching in-district for a cohort of teachers/instructional staff. Core Plus is available to Member districts for an additional fee.
Event registration is done via MyLearningPlan. Model Schools professional development sessions are eligible for NYSED CTLE credit.
Two catalogs are published each school year; an annual catalog and a special summer edition. Other adhoc events are scheduled throughout the year so be sure to check our website and MyLearningPlan updates.
Core Plus & Customized Consulting
Optional coaching models are available upon request. Two popular examples are listed below:
Model Schools Core Services celebrates its 50 member districts from across the Putnam, Rockland and Westchester Counties.