Compass Learning- Math
*Instructional software purchased through the LHRIC includes a professional service from our experienced staff.
About this Service
Compass Learning Odyssey is a web-based K-12 learning solution. The K-8 Reading/Language Arts and Math programs are aligned to state and Common Core state standards. Odyssey Middle School Science covers state-standards aligned content in four key areas of middle school science. Odyssey High School offers 46 courses in the four foundation content areas, plus electives, Advanced Placement, and world languages. The Odyssey Reading/Language Arts program for grades K-8 focuses on the five components of reading identified by the National Reading Panel: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Help each student navigate toward academic success Educators know that a classroom full of 20 or 30 students is a classroom full of 20 or 30 individuals—with individual strengths, needs, and ability levels. Meeting the needs of every student is an educator’s top priority. At Compass Learning®, we understand that, and we’re here to help.
Compass Learning includes lessons and activities that are built upon current and confirmed research about the way students actually think and learn. Odyssey software for elementary and secondary students makes differentiating and personalizing instruction easier, and its formative assessments and reporting tools help educators use real-time data to drive critical instructional decisions.
Compass Learning Odyssey features:
- Pretests to assess strengths and needs and pinpoint skill gaps for each student
- Automatically generated individualized learning paths
- Engaging yet rigorous instruction delivered through reading passages, virtual manipulatives, videos, and animations
- Alignment with Common Core and state standards
- Full integration with NWEA™MAP®, Scantron Performance Series®, and Renaissance STAR® assessments
- Robust reporting tools to generate reliable data for instructional decision making
- 24/7 web access for via desktop, laptop, or mobile device