In October, 2014, #suptchat, the international chat on Twitter for superintendents and school leaders, launched with overwhelming success. A Twitter chat is an opportunity and an invitation to spend an hour with other thought leaders and colleagues - much like a one hour conference call, meeting, or symposium.
Drawing upon the success and popularity of #supchat, LHRIC Model Schools, with inspiration and leadership from Joe Mosey, Ed.D (Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services for Peekskill City School District) is pleased to announce regularly scheduled online chat sessions specifically for local district administrators. If you have a device, one hour, and a curiosity about instructional technology trends and topics, you’re ready to participate.
- Regularly scheduled Twitter chats
- Hosted by LHRIC and local district administrators using guiding questions to provoke discussion and sharing
- 60 minutes, 1 topic, multiple perspectives
- Suggested Topics for 2016-2017:Privacy and security
- 1-1 devices in the classroom
- Selected topics from Horizon Report 2016
- New models of professional development empowered by technology
- Digital Citizenship
- Good Pedagogy for the Flipped Classroom
- And, whatever you’d like to chat about.
- Can’t join in person? Each month, chat content will be archived and available for review using Storify.
- Use hashtag #LHRIC21CentChat to contribute to the conversation.
- First session: November 17, 2016, 7 pm - 8 pm.
- Topic- “Leaders Using Twitter”
- Building and district instructional leaders
For your convenience, you may sign up for text reminders using Remind.com. Our discussion questions will be provided in advance - all you need do is simply RSVP, and review the resources below to ensure a satisfying experience.
We sincerely hope you join for lively discussion, sharing, camaraderie, and at-home quality professional learning and growth.
Leslie Accardo (LHRIC) and Joe Mosey, Ed. D (Peekskill CSD)
Co-Moderators and Facilitators
What is a Twitter chat?
A Twitter chat is where a group of Twitter users meet at a predetermined time to discuss a certain topic, using a designated hashtag (#) for each tweet contributed. A host or moderator will pose questions (designated with Q1, Q2…) to prompt responses from participants (using A1, A2…) and encourage interaction among the group. Chats typically last an hour. Our dedicated hashtag for this series is #LHRIC21CentChat .
- Participating from a laptop or desktop? Consider Tweetdeck - a free application that makes it easy to engage in and keep up with Twitter chats.
How do I participate?
Our goal is to make this as easy as possible to participate. No need to pre-register in advance; simply RSVP to Leslie Accardo and Joe Mosey (email@example.com , JMosey@peekskillcsd.org) . We strongly recommend you also download the RemindMe app so you can sign up for text alerts- reminders and question prompts we’ll be using for each monthly chat session.
What if I can’t join live?
Although there’s no substitute for live interaction, you will be able to browse all archived chat sessions by searching Tweets identified with our unique hashtag # #LHRIC21CentChat. We will also use Storify to make it easy and convenient to browse all archived chat sessions once they occur.
Which topics will we discuss?
In part, that’s completely up to you: we are prepared to suggest meaningful and relevant topics for the first few months, and will be soliciting feedback after each chat session to gauge your interest in future “chattable” topics.